Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vegetarian choices in restaurants

Healthy eating and general diet awareness I believe, have increased among americans. Everywhere I turn around and every person I talk to, man or woman has become conscientiousness about the quality and quantity of food intake. Vegetarians are on the increase and people are starting to prefer non-meat dishes.

However, restaurants in general even the high end ones do not have more than one dish on the menu for vegetarians. This has made travel so difficult for a person like me. The choices are more or less a salad or an unexciting pasta dish. I feel like I am imposing on people when I am with a group and we need to make a restaurant choice. So, I just keep quiet and pick the one salad on the menu or at times I walk up to the chef and request something different other than plain boiled vegetables. I wonder how long it will take before restaurants change their thinking and start offering at least 2 dishes for their vegetarian clientele.

No comments:

Post a Comment