Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Now, we're talking. Try this one.

I have come across too many beet related topics this week that I had to emulate the mood and write about it too.

I have mentioned before that I yearn for the particular natural taste of beets that I grew up with but have not found anywhere around in the stores I usually shop at. This one recipe might just be right in bringing out the taste, texture, aroma and nutrition of beets.

Mix 2 thinly sliced beets(remove skin) , a bunch of baby spinach or arugula, with 2 Tbsps. diced scallions, 1 Tbsps. cilantro, 1 Tbsp of each some toasted almonds and walnuts, juice of half a lemon in a large bowl. Then sprinkle generously fresh ground black pepper. Top it off with a hint of salt if necessary. Taste it and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment