Thursday, July 8, 2010

Body weight x .08

If you are into sodas to quench your thirst, then you should read this. Especially during these summer days of scorching heat and unsatiable thirst. I have a friend and actually a family member too who starts out the day with a diet coke. They continue drinking soda until bed time. They even carry a coke bottle to their bedside. I have also seen people who have a can of soda with their breakfast instead of juice, water or milk. And then I had a co-worker who swore that she was allergic to water and the only fluid she can handle is regular Pepsi. I have more funny, ur... scary stories too.

It hurts to see people doing unhealthy things to their bodies. They are not to be completely blamed though for their soda addiction. I believe it starts from home. If parents buy them and have them available, children will naturally gravitate toward these excessively sweet, sodas. There are other dangers such as fat build up, empty calories and that could later on lead to diabetes, excessive weight, etc. etc. Am I preaching? Well, maybe.

What I am getting at is, just try plain old water. There is nothing like water to quench thirst. The quantity recommended is one's body weight times .08. It could mean a lot of water. Not to worry. Every bit of water in your food intake counts toward the total quantity required by your body. Fruits and vegetables contain water. Coffee, of course not in excessive quantities can be counted toward that fluid intake. A person like me needs 9 8oz. cups of water. I've probably had about 4 so far. Now that I am conscious about this, I've got to figure out where the other 5 will come from!!

No comments:

Post a Comment