Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Choice not chance, determines your destiny"

I often think of this quote by Aristotle. I see this as being applicable to every aspect of our lives. However, I'm not sure one or the other completely determines our destiny. Our situations are a mix of choices and chances. Choices are made consciously and chances are not in our control.

If I apply this to my own situations, many of the things I do today including my venture 'Vidyaswamyskitchen.com' is a combination of something I had wanted to do for a while and an opportunity, meaning a chance that opened itself up to me. The opportunity more or less sought me ought.I wouldn't call it my destiny since this is not a 'be all, end all' situation. It is just a hobby at this point. I can take it to the next level and get more serious with this venture or maintain it as a hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment