Monday, March 14, 2011

Obesity in Mexico

Obesity kind of goes hand in hand with the country's poverty state I guess. I was in Mexico just a year ago and one thing that did strike me as odd was that the children there were all more or less obese. I feel sad for Mexico since it does have a lot of potential. However, lack of education is a big drawback in its path to advancement. Education means in turn understanding of health and nutrition which that country is lacking big time.

But there is hope. Looks like the government there is working with the interests of its youth, particularly children. They are banning or working on regulating school cafeteria food. No fried foods, only baked chips and, no sodas. An aggressive change, but a great beginning. I am sure it will make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment