Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Raw food and its benefits

The message that’s been around for many years that I am just discovering is that raw food is THE healthiest. I might tend to agree if they are organic but I am not so sure if all our vegetables and fruits are genetically engineered or sprayed with insecticides, pesticides, etc.

Also, can our digestive systems that are so used to cooked food handle raw food? I don’t think my system can handle it very well. The message about raw food is that we will be taking in the least amount of toxins into our system and also benefiting the most in nutrition. Our immunity levels will also be high.

I am not really ready for raw food, not sure if I ever will be. I am happy being vegetarian with no meat, chicken, fish, sea-food or any moving being in my diet.

Any raw foodies? Do write back.

1 comment:

  1. My husband has made vegan meatballs in tomato sauce with zucchini pasta and cashew cheese, with all raw ingredients. Tthe raw nut cheeses are good, particularly if you want to avoid dairy. Nutritional yeast has become a staple for me.

    ReplyDelete