Thursday, March 4, 2010

Eggs for lunch with Indian flavors



For some weird reason the other weekend, I decided I needed to have some eggs for lunch. The end result turned out pretty tasty. I added some Indian spices to the eggs which gave them a kick. Let me tell you what they were.

Ingredients were just a half diced onion, 1 Tbsp. chopped ginger ginger, 2 green chillies. In a pan, I sautéd them with just a couple tsps. of canola oil. Added some turmeric, cayenne pepper, a dash of garam masala and salt. Poured 2 beaten eggs into the pan. Let them all cook together until it appeared like a well cooked scrambled egg. Turned off the heat and added some chopped coriander and gave the whole thing a good mix. It was delicious but couldn’t finish them. The finished portion was enough for two people, so stored the rest for later. Oh, I just remembered that. I have to look in the fridge and throw that away. I am not for wasting things, but this one might not be good after 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment