Thursday, April 7, 2011

Confessions of a cook

I am a 'foodie' no doubt. I have baked, broiled, cooked over stove-top, fried....gone through several other cooking processes, except for one, i.e.using a barbecue grill. I have never seen a need to actually light one and start a smoke. Because somehow I have the preconceived notion that it is a man's job. We do have a basic grill that my husband uses once in two years or so. When he does, I bring out my well-seasoned, marinated veggie burgers and veggies on a skewer. Probably sounds boring to a meat eater.

One more thing, that I have never done is wood-fire grilling outside. I remember wood-fire being used is some religious-traditional cooking at home on certain days alone by my mother when I was growing up. But, I never had a need to do the same. I do remember though that the flavor of wood-fire cooking is exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment