Friday, February 18, 2011

Hash browns of any kind

One thing I look forward to when I travel are McDonald's breakfast. They offer egg white McMuffins now, but the best part are those golden brown hash browns. I think McDonald's breakfast is way healthier than any other breakfast option out there. Fast, healthy and cheap. I think I could be hired to do a commercial for them.

But, hash browns need not be with just potatoes. They can be with meats or vegetables. Do a test with leftover veges and do a vegetables hash. Take all your favorite vegetables, diced with some mild spices, toss them on a skillet with limited oil. Lots of onions and garlic can transform anything. So, be liberal there. You may not want to add vegetables with a lot of water content, that could make the whole thing watery. You want the roasted effect. Toss only after the pan roasts the bottom of the veges. Do this a couple times. For protein, I have seen people add poached eggs.

Folks, this is absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment