Monday, October 25, 2010

A glass of red wine a day does a whole lot of good for the heart


They say men are allowed 2 glasses and women 1 a day. I am not a wine drinker or any kind of drinker, but once in a while at a social gathering for instance I'd go for an apple martini or a glass of margarita over wine. Those are my two favorites. The mood though that red wine sets especially when served with chocolates, strawberries or strawberries dipped in chocolote is beyond ordinary. November is almost here, so the rest of November and December I guess are all about wines and chocolates.

Just last week we were at a neighbor's and he took us to their beautiful bar. I initially refused to drink anything and that's when my neighbor reminded me about the good effects of wine and what the doctor recommends nowadays. So, I accepted and continued talking to another guest. My host came up with a glass of wine. Yep a glass except it could hold a gallon of wine instead of a cup of wine. The doctor has recommended a glass, but I haven't read anywhere about how large or small the size should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment