Monday, June 13, 2011

The Purple Pig - Tapas with a twist

Talk about being unique and fresh. I was in Chicago celebrating a graduation and went to the restaurant called 'The Purple Pig'. It is hard to describe the cuisine. It was neither Italian, or Spanish, American, or Mediterranean. It was a mixed, thoughtful,artistic display and selection of designs and tastes. Quite simply fabulous.

What was I, a vegetarian doing in a restaurant named 'The Purple Pig'? Admittedly I was nervous. I had a ravenous appetite but still a bit sceptical as I entered the restaurant last Saturday night. The weather was as cold as a mild winter day. Meaning, we needed serious warm attire. We ordered a mix and match of salads and main dishes. I could only go for the 2 to 3 sides that had no meat. They were limited portions slightly larger than a Tapas plate but enough to leave you satisfied. Those who had meat dishes said they were splendid. The best part of the meal were the champagne, and the dessert the chef created especially for the graduate.

Here's a link to check it out - http://www.thepurplepigchicago.com

No comments:

Post a Comment