Thursday, January 27, 2011

A more uplifting piece

I had to share this with you. On a cold Sunday morning inspired by my recent travels to Spain and Portugal, I decided to create a simple, heart healthy soup filled with vegetables of all kinds. I remember having at least 10 different types of vegetables in there; created this humongous pot of soup and had a meal that lasted for a whole hour and a half. All I had other than the soup was a hearty grain bread. A couple guests joined us but it was one of the best meals. I think this is going to become a Sunday staple at least until spring. Very easy and satisfying. I will soon post one of my soup recipes. You are going to love it!

2 comments:

  1. What would you recommend for the flu? Is there a soup with herbs or some other broth that would be helpful? Unfortunately while in-flight on a trip someone on the plane was coughing non-stop.

    Your advice on this matter would be much appreciated. I know of Ayurvedic Herbs.

    Please advise

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the best remedy I can think of and use is hot herbal tea with lemon juice and honey. This is great especially for cold and cough. A humidifier on the side of the bed, and of course, Tylenol.

    Soup will feel good too!

    ReplyDelete