Friday, January 21, 2011

Indian restaurants in the U.S.

As much as I love good food, it makes me sad that there are hardly any Indian restaurants in the U.S. that serve good Indian food. For one thing, they are mostly northern Indian which means potent spices, dripping oil and the same old powerful, overwhelming masala. Northern Indian food at homes are not the same. They are incredibly tasty! So, why do restaurants change their formula? I guess they think that's what sells.

Southern Indian cuisine is my favorite but most restaurants just don't go for the south Indian menu. The one I'd highly recommended is 'Saravana Bhavan' in New York. It is usually on top of my agenda whenever I visit NYC. But I can't travel to NY every time I want good Indian food, even though I think it's worth it just to have some good food, Indian in particular, and specifically Saravana Bhavan.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Rarely have I had good Indian restaurant food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Information. Thank you for sharing and I want to share information about Tandoori Chef which is An authentic North Indian, fine dining restaurant, Tandoori Chef offers Hackensack and the surrounding area a wonderful taste of Indian cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur. Really difficult to find a great place.

    MJ

    ReplyDelete