Thursday, September 30, 2010

How funny is this?

I have a neighbor who has reached the prime age of 70+. Extremely active, liberal, beautiful, successful and I can go on and on. And she is a first generation Italian too! An authentic Italian in all ways except one.

While I am still making my own sauces she said she gave it up about 25 years ago. Reason? She is so used to Ragu spaghetti sauces that she doesn't like her own sauces any more. I just couldn't believe what I heard.

I was wondering if that was an excuse or if she truly meant it or was just joking.

3 comments:

  1. Quite remarkable to see how successful these marketing companies are. She should probably be a spokesperson for Ragu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandmother would be turning over in her grave if she heard something like this. She was born in Chicago, raised in South Philadelphia and was part of an arranged marriage. She made everything from scratch.......including "Gravy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad that many people rely on ready made food.

    ReplyDelete