Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pleasure in pain, an attribute of human nature

I am not talking about anything profound. It's about chilies and the extreme heat that some varieties of chilies produce in our food preparations. It can actually burn and scald, and are quite painful but also pleasureable at the same time. Yet, some people absolutely love this unbearable heat and pain. I have seen people eat extremely hot food with tears rolling down their cheeks but won't give up what is one their plate.

To some people spicy foods cause heartburns. Many people who are used to the heat have it almost every day. Lately, I have learned that hot foods actually help clear sinuses and inflammation, and are a cancer-fighting agent. SO, comparing negatives over positives the scale is tilted in favor of hot, spicy foods.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot imagine anything good can come out of eating spicy, hot foods. I completely disagree with your advocating hot foods.

    ReplyDelete