Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just bend your neck down and look at your waist

I just did. Not happy. No matter what, I am not able to lose that last inch or two. In my case I'll make myself feel better and blame it on child-bearing.

I can blame all I want on several things, the fact is it does not contribute to good health. Maybe staying off carbs completely will do it. Or, just focusing on that area at the gym would help. I am going to start from today.

Men and women alike set themselves up for big time health problems such as gastro-intenstinal diseases, cancer, high cholesterol, heart problems, insulin resistance and a whole list of other things not to mention self image if you do really care about it.

Studies show the following - A waist size of 47 inches or larger for men and 42 inches or larger for women doubled the risk of dying during the study period, compared to those with smaller waists (35.4 inches for men and 29.5 inches for women). Among normal-weight women, the risk of dying increased about 25 percent for each additional four inches of waist size.

No comments:

Post a Comment