Monday, May 3, 2010

Tea: Green or herbal, flavored or plain

This was another one of my health nut moments. The past few years much has been written about green and herbal teas. So, when I came to know about the high anti-oxidant properties of green tea, I bought boxes of it. Not just one or two but several. Even started to give this as gifts to people. In turn, I received many more tea boxes as gifts.

I am normally not a tea drinker. Any caffeinated tea after mid-afternoon keeps me awake for an entire 36 hours. However, I made it a point to have at least 2 cups of green tea before noon. I continued it for a few years. Then, I started losing interest. Oh, I know why. Because I switched jobs and my new employer was not offering herbal tea drinks for the employees like the other employer. It just kind of faded on me until I stopped drinking it completely.

Maybe it doesn't matter anymore. Because new studies are saying that green tea in particular, which claimed to lower blood pressure is really not making much of a difference. A recent test done on two groups of people proved this. Isn't this one of those studies that make your head spin? You don't know what is true and which study is accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment