Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Holy Cow! 6 Healthy Dairy-Milk Alternatives?

I know too many people who are allergic to regular cow's milk. I belong to that group as well. I have even tried organic. It just doesn't work for me. Milk in other forms are fine for most people. You may want to substitute one of the below.

Other dairy-milk alternatives are, Rice milk, Hemp milk, Soy milk, Coconut milk, Nut milk and Almond milk. I have tried them all except Hemp. From my experience I can say they all taste pretty good.

Coconut milk is usually the water within the coconut but in Indian cooking I use fresh coconut, grind them and extract that milk. Just a touch is sufficient to bring out the taste of the dish. Coconut milk feels extremely heavy. I just recently learned that it is one of the healthiest foods since it's in a raw state.

No comments:

Post a Comment