Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Brushing your teeth after a meal. Is that good or bad?

How many of you go rushing to the bathroom after a meal to brush your teeth?  I don't do it often, but often enough.

After a restaurant meal in particular, I can't wait to get home to brush my teeth.  Washing hands and feet thoroughly is one of my habits after getting back home from where ever I had been to that day.  Brushing is a close second.

New researches say that brushing right after a meal is not a healthy thing to do. Our teeth can actually get damaged especially if we do it immediately following an acidic meal.  Acid irritates the gums and the enamel in the teeth and erodes them.  Brushing after an acidic meal can actually speed that process.

Instead developing the habit of rinsing your mouth thoroughly right after a meal would make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment