Friday, May 27, 2011

Where is all that weight coming from?

The less active we are at work, the more pounds we pack on. How can I help myself if my work involves sitting in front of the computer all day for at least 10 hours a day? I exercise my mouth by eating and talking at meetings. But even that is limited.

Now apply this to the rest of the popoulation. It is more or less the same. This is a given trend of the future. Many of the labor intensive jobs are gone or going away mostly to other countries as we all know.

So the new culprit is the American workplace. Less physical activity resulting in more pounds, the other culprits being food, lifestyle and maybe genetics. Employers ought to help here at least to keep medical insurance rates low by offering a gym at the work location or a compulsory break every 3 hours for exercise. It is likely employees will be more productive. I guess I should talk to my employer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment