Friday, May 6, 2011

Didn't realize this until it was pointed out


The realization was that I love potatoes because it is a fun vegetable. Of course, given you pick the right variety for the right dish. I love french fries, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, or potatoes sparingly used in Indian dishes.

I usually gravitate towards red skin potatoes because they have never turned mushy and they are not excessively starchy. Red is great for Indian dishes southern or northern. I also used the red variety for some baking as in the Southwest Potato dishes. Yukon or Idaho for mashed which I never cook unless it is Thanksgiving. I have made potato roast with those tiny yellow ones. My other favorite is herb-roasted. Oh, I almost forgot potato salad. If done the proper way with the right recipe, they can be quite tasty. Definitely grilled is another favorite which I get in place of the meats during barbecue parties probably once or twice a year.

Try this recipe from Vidya Swamy's Kitchen. Do you have any favorite potato recipes to share with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment