Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sangeeta gets my vote

On my first day in Madras, we stopped by at this unassuming place for an Indian breakfast. My anticipation was already built high, however, I was not going to give a verdict until after tasting the food.

This place did not fall short. I had a couple idlis, one vada and one dosa. With all the frills around such as sambaar, chutneys and the hot chilli powder with oil, the food was just amazing. One thing I did forget to do is take some pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Vidya/Shekar,

    What a superb breakfast it was. The Ghee & Butter Malasa dosa was out of this world. Please do not forget the strong degree coffee Shekar & I enjoyed.

    Thanks for including me for the excellent meal.

    See you guys tonight for some Amma’s home cooked specials. Bring your Camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaidev,

    Sangeeta at Abhirampuram this morning did not fall short of our expectations either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have TASTE ! I look forward to more such reviews as i regularly visit Chennai !

    If you have some time, do check out Mylai Karpagambal Mess right opposite Kapaleeswarar temple !

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a quite a few places still left that I’ll have to try my best to fit in during this trip to Chennai. Murugan Idli kadai is a possibility for this morning.

    ReplyDelete