Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Shopping for gifts

I have a few special people - neighbors, friends and a few family members for whom I buy gifts every year. As a rule I don't really buy anything for myself since I am against the herd mentality. Besides Christmas is not really my holiday.

Instead of wasting time walking the department stores, I've decided to buy a couple cases of really good wine and distribute. Of course, kids are excluded from this crowd. It is easy to shop for them. A few gift cards to clothing stores would be perfect. Now, the question is where do I find those wine shops like the 'Total Wines' store in Delaware? Any recommendations for which kind of wine?

3 comments:

  1. Meaningful gifts are sometimes returned to the giver. Doing things in haste can be foolish.
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I have shopped around and given some extremely meaningful gifts to people I love. I have also painfully experienced their rebuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a quote that said,

    "If I had a single flower for every tear I have shed, I would walk in the garden forever".

    I give myself ample time for such tears. That is the gift to self this holiday. That and a chocolate cream pie....... : )

    ReplyDelete