Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wine and Women’s health. Where are the links?

It looks so stylish to see women holding a goblet of red wine. They appear to me as having a lot of fun. It just adds to the ambience of a party or any kind of gathering. So, I got introduced to wine, red wine. I like to ask my husband to pour me some especially if we are having an Italian dinner. Now, an Indian soaked in southern Indian cooking preparing Italian dinners? Oh, don’t laugh. They taste pretty good especially if you are offering sauces made from scratch with the best tomatoes, cheeses, olive oil. Frankly, anyone can do a bang up job.

Getting back to red wine…I enjoyed having it now and then. Until, I read that wine can increase estrogen levels and cause bad mensturations. For a while I pictured having the perfect slim figure of a French belle. But, I just said forget it and switched to Margarita and Apple Martinis. Actually I am enjoying them more.

A glass of red wine a day is still recommended for women and I have read the good effects of it as well. It’s just that I don’t believe it is going to do me that much of good. Well, so much for the slim figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment