Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The creole spices with a chef’s artistic precision


This definitely deserves a compliment.

As fussy as vegetarians may be when we request something that is non-seafood, non-meat chefs welcome the request. I have done that twice already at the two restaurants in New Orleans. One is ‘The Adelaide’ at the Loews Hotel and the other ‘The Brew House’. One of the chefs, Orlando at ’The Adelaide’ walked out to meet me and said this is an opportunity to use their creativity since they generally get a chance to work only on the usual menus that the restaurants offer. The only problem I had was his artistic tomato prepartion left me really hungry and with a big bill. I then devoured a whole spinach salad as well.

So, here are two dishes that I had, the tomato was the lunch meal and the medley of vegetables was my dinner meal. The base on the tomato creation was rice, some okra, herbs and creole spices. The base of course as you see in the picture on the dinner one were vegetables with a mysterious touch of spices that seemed almost Indian but had a unique French Cajun taste. My visit to the French Quarters was another whole experience. Oh, I’m going to only stick to foods here if you are wondering. More to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment