Monday, August 9, 2010

Meatless Raw Foods Are Supposedly The Healthiest

A few months ago, I was in India visiting relatives and friends. One positive improvement that I noticed in their lifestyles is the shift in diet. Almost all of them are extremely health conscious, knowledgeable about nutritional values of everything they eat and why. Some of the middle-aged macho men still live recklessly though thinking they are in their teens or twenties. An example of how some things or some people do not believe in changing for the better.

What I came away with was that naturally grown raw foods are the healthiest. I was visiting a close relative in the french colony, Pondicherry. We visited the peaceful Aurobindo ashram. Close to the ashram was the raw food store and restaurant. My first exposure to this new concept of raw foods. I was not only fascinated by the store and things they sold, but also the pure and natural taste of the foods I had there. They were basic, raw and tasted incredible. It was lunch time. So, we decided on a few elaborate snacks.

I am trying to find more information on the effects of raw foods and also how to have more of them in this country where fruits and vegetables are genetically engineered and sprayed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment