Monday, August 2, 2010

Call me Ms. Paranoid

Oh, one more thing about gym and exercise. The lurking germs on everything we touch and use, most of all the floor. I am paranoid as is about bacteria anywhere and everywhere. And, more paranoid during flu seasons. I have seen some nasty things people do at the gym and it completely grosses me out. I try not to touch door handles, wipe down equipment handles before and after, spread a towel during stretching and also stay away from people around who sniffle and sneeze. I do not use the regular water cooler ever since I saw a guy spit into it. I have many more gross stories. Don't know if it helps to be as obsessive about cleanliness as I am. At least I did not fall sick last year.

What are some of the things you do to stay clean of bacteria, fungal skin infections and so on that people get if they are regulars at the gym?

1 comment:

  1. Many years ago I worked for a physician from Ecuador. At that time I had a physically brutal job that was very dirty indeed.

    As I worked at her home the conversation turned to antibiotics. She told me that the immune system of her homeland had become robust as a result of poor hygiene.

    Is it possible Mrs. Swamy that we are overly "paranoid" in regards to our habits. I certain do not espouse lying in someones sweat. We will encounter microbes and germs in the most unlikely of places. Cell phones etc...

    Your posts are always engaging.

    ~MJ

    ReplyDelete