Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am so angry with these money minded, heartless beings called humans

I absolutely abhor the fact that everything is hormone induced. I stay away from most things, except ice cream. Now that's my weakness. I do not go overboard but these new pint size ice cream flavors have me.

I started buying them just a couple weeks ago, different brands in different flavors. I have them off and on, Hmm, actually more like every other day. What do I find out today? That all of them add bovine growth hormone (rBGH)that is particularly bad for women. These hormones are injected into cows to produce more milk. And, they cause a lot of problems in cows and as much in pre-menopausal women.

Milk from cows injected with rBGH, is banned in Canada, New Zealand, Japan, Australia and all 27 nations of the European Union. US is always behind in these things. Monsanto the giant and most hated company in the world, is where most of the genetically engineered (rBGH) dairy that go into these ice creams come from and they are swearing in court about it being safe.

That is it. I am not going to buy ice creams from any of these brands any more- Haagen Dazs, Breyers and Baskin-Robbins. Ben and Jerry's is the only one that has sworn they will not buy milk from dairies that have used any artificial growth hormones.

I do not know about the quality of milk in ice cream that you get from places like Dairy Queen, or the other little ice cream shops around. But, I guess the first question to ask is if they are hormone free. People will probably turn around to see who this crazy person is but that's fine by me.

1 comment:

  1. Well, as long as we consumers ask for it, the behemoths will keep producing more and more regardless of how it is done. Why don't we ban all these products and drive them down to nothing?

    ReplyDelete