Monday, May 3, 2010

Watercress, at its first sprout

This green for some reason is not quite as popular as regular spinach or even mustard greens. At one point, but this was a couple years ago I read about its health benefits and decided to head off to the grocery store to start loading up and regularly use them in my cooking.

Well, I did it a couple times. Not that they lacked taste, but the greens were so leggy and stringy. I couldn't find tender ones anywhere. I just came across an article about how the early spring watercress sprouts are absolutely flavorful and tasty.

I am inspired once again to cook them. But, I need to find those tender ones. Not in a regular market or grocery store. I'll keep searching and will find a source that sells fresh, tender watercress.

No comments:

Post a Comment