Friday, May 14, 2010

Familiar is easier in all ways

I think the one main reason why people in general are not adventurous in their cooking at home is because of the work involved prior. Say for instance a vegetarian wants to be creative with a sandwich, first of all we have to plan before hand, as to which cheese and from where to get them, what dressing or spread, kinds of vegetables that would go well with the cheese, buns to use, etc. Also, how do we buy for just one unique sandwich. Obviously, we can't have it everyday of the week!
Then, we'll have to think about the time, money and effort involved from start to finish.

I have a friend who says has the same type of chicken sandwich every day. Probably because that is easy or the least expensive. For a person, who is so particular about food like I am, I would go to any lengths to get these items to prepare that particular sandwich. Also, I do not mind spending some time in the kitchen creating something superior, tasty and healthy.

Lately, I have had to travel a lot and had restaurant foods that I hated. So, when I came back to town I vowed to myself that I will not have even one meal outside for the next 10 days. So far, it's worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment