Friday, May 7, 2010

This time in New Orleans

I feel so sorry for the people of Louisiana. First Katrina and then the oil spill? How are they going to ever recover? They still haven't from Katrina. The hurricane affected areas seem like ghost towns. More than half have moved away. The poor of course who were the worst affected appear to have become more needy. And, they are angry too.

Now a bit about food and other things...
Service at the Bourbon Orleans was very bad though the hotel itself was french and quaint. The breakfast was fantastic. Dessert at Brennan's Steakhouse was heavenly as well. Will be posting some pictures. While others were cutting into a steak during dinner last night, I had a bowl of vegetables which were tasteless. I have decided restaurants in New Orleans neither have nor do they understand what vegetarian is all about. I think I've had enough of New Orleans for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment