Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Soups

Around the beginning of January I got into the 'soup fever'. So, every week there was a different soup that my family absolutely enjoyed. Now that it's spring, at least officially, I am onto spring soups. I call them spring soups due to the types of vegetables I use to create them and their consistency. My spring soups are a bit lighter than winter soups.

Here is one made from fresh asparagus, celery, and sweet Roma tomatoes.

Lightly steam cook the vegetables. Puree in a blender to a thin consistency. You may use the same water from steaming. Add a cup of vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and cook for about 45 minutes in a pot. Add fresh minced ginger, some lemon zest, bay leaves and chopped coriander right before serving. Used fresh crushed black pepper and salt at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment