Monday, January 17, 2011

Groceries at Walgreens and CVS?

It appeared a bit odd when Wal-Mart introduced groceries in their stores several years ago. I stepped into a Wal-Mart recently just out of curiosity and found they are pretty well stocked. Prices are not bad either.

Target stores have groceries too. The one nearby my home in Media is decent although I rarely have bought groceries there. It somehow doesn't feel right to get groceries in a place where you buy clothing and other household items.

I recently read that Walgreens has introduced fresh groceries, frozen foods and even sushi. Sounds odd. But obviously they have done enough research to lure customers who drop by to pick up things like socks to also pick up some items for the days's dinner. Although I am not sure that Walgreens or CVS have better prices. Convenience? May be.

No comments:

Post a Comment