Saturday, September 25, 2010

What's there to not like in Italy?

I had a friend who recently came back from Italy. And, all I heard were complaints. Pickpocketing in Rome, too expensive, pizza not tasty... I am listening to her while thinking to myself she must be crazy?

Rome is on my list of revisits. I just fell in love with every thing I saw or touched or tasted. Exotic, romantic, beautiful, in short to me it was heaven on earth. The architecuture, history, people, food, especially the wines, cheeses and desserts; shopping, music, everything. Rome and Florence were the only two cities I could visit during the short 6-day vacation but they were unforgettable.

I cannot stop with just mentioning the word food. I have to elaborate. For one thing it is easy to be a vegetarian in Italy. There are varieties of soups, breads, cheeses and absolutely delicious vegetables. Even a simple plate of spaghetti there was incredibly tasty. I remember ordering food and staring at it for several minutes since I was always mesmerized by the presentation, the aroma, flavors and never wanted to start eating for fear of emptying the plate, which I did in no time. I remember doing activities and visits in such a way that I had enough time to experience the different places that people recommended for us to eat at.

Well, all I can say is my love for Italy and everything Italian began some years ago and I don't think it will ever end. Which reminds me of my favorite movie of all times, The Godfather. That's what I am going to watch tonight with my plate of pasta and vegetables in olive oil.

2 comments:

  1. Italy - someday in my lifetime. If nothing else, I'll have to go there at least for the wine and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on an Italian vacation. Just became single. Can you recommend travel agents?

    ReplyDelete