Saturday, September 18, 2010

My favorite pot-luck dish - Guacamole

In my circles, we rarely do potluck dinners. But if we did, a favorite dish of mine is guacamole with baked chips.

I had it at the Four Seasons in Las Vegas, I have been following their recipe since. It was nice of the chef to share it with me. It's always a hit.

Here it is.

Avacado
Finely chopped red onions
Fineley chopped ripe tomatoes
1 or 2 raw crushed garlice or finely diced garlice
Lemon juice
Seeded jalapenos
Fresh cilantro
Salt to taste

Mash avacado. Mix the rest of the ingredients together. This recipe is out-of-this world.

4 comments:

  1. This is the recipe I use as well. Your book club pal. It is popular in my home too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love book clubs. Such a dish would go over well. Has your club read Interpreter Of Maladies or Love In The Time Of Cholera?
    Great Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of us have read 'Interpreter of Maladies'. The next short story 'Unaccustomed Earth' also by by Jhumpa Lahiri is well written. You will enjoy this too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read Unaccustomed Earth. Very interesting, a few suprises as any good book would have. I used to belong to a book club. Now I just read.

    ReplyDelete