Monday, October 1, 2012

Get introduced to the powerhouse vegetable - KALE

I recently discovered this magical, wondrous, gorgeous leafy vegetable -- Kale.  I had read the enormous benefits of Kale in our regular diets and have tried to cook them several times, each time using a new method. It was never really palatable. Also, involved a lot of prep work.  So, I stopped thinking about it altogether until about a couple months ago.

I was at Costco's and saw this humongous package of Kale, absolutely clean and ready to go. I just couldn't hold my excitement. I bought the 1 lb. package, came home and cooked it right away.

So, here's the recipe of Kale curry, a simple southern Indian style of cooking vegetables where one can reap the benefits of nutrition of a vegetable.  Here's how I cooked it.  Enjoy my recipe of this week.  Check it out and let me know how it turned out.  Also, read about the health benefits of Kale

No comments:

Post a Comment