Friday, May 13, 2011

Temptations and dilemmas

I go through this quite often. Especially if I am walking through food aisles in grocery stores. Thoughts that run through my mind are... should I pick up that huge dark chocolate bar with nuts or without nuts, a small pint of icecream or the tub itself, vegetable or potato chips... essentially wondering which one is the lesser of the two evils.

Well, here is some good information if you are like me wondering how to stay at least a little bit healthy. If there was a choice of chocolate or wine for instance, the better of the two is absolutely the dessert. Not wine if you are a woman going for a second glass, because among other things we are asking for trouble as in breast cancer and high blood pressure. For men, wine is a better choice since it actually helps their heart. And, they are allowed two glasses a day. Not fair. I am not a wine drinker, however, I've become a fan of apple martinis. I can handle one for sure, two gets me tipsy.

If you have a conundrum like mine, do write to me about it. We can both educate ourselves and figure out which one we should go with.

No comments:

Post a Comment