Sunday, May 8, 2011

Charlie Gitto's - Mother's Day Dinner Review

Being Mother's Day, I decided to treat myself at one of the best Italian restaurants in town called Charlie Gitto's. By Midwestern standards it is one of the best but by my Philadelphia standards, it was mediocre.

I was honestly quite surprised at how everything was so diluted and quite un-Italian. It was just another regular restaurant with decent food. My penne pomodoro with carrots and peas tasted quite sweet. I covered the plate with plenty of crushed red pepper and also asked for extra garlic but was still far from authentic.

Our waiter was pretty good though while still not quite like the experience we usually get at the Italian restaurants in Philadelphia. The decor was most disappointing to say the least.

Overall, I am partly to blame because of building my expectations. Next time I'll do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment