Thursday, June 2, 2011

Night Owls need to read this

At one point I thought I was the laziest person around since I just love to sleep and literally cannot function the next day if I had less than at least 6 hours of sleep. Eight hours is ideal and on a Saturday I'd love a little more if possible.

I am relieved to find out that it isn't abnormal to sleep so much; in fact it is needed. We have to fit in all the sleep we can when our health is still in tact. There are a host of health issues that can interfere with regular sleep and sometimes there are age-related reasons.

'A good night’s sleep is much more than a luxury. Its benefits include improvements in concentration, short-term memory, productivity, mood, sensitivity to pain and immune function', says a health expert. I think I should add that less sleep may also result in more snacking, in turn affecting our weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment