Friday, April 1, 2011

Swiss Chard

I am always a little wary about greens that I am not familiar with. One is Swiss Chard. I had known it only by name for a long time. Then I decided to give it a shot since some expert cooks were pushing it. I was quite disappointed. They were stringy and bitter; didn't have a flavorful taste or aroma that could have made them appetizing. So watch out folks, Swiss chard is not the same as your other varieties of greens or broccoli rabe. Once the dish is done, they are also very hard to camouflage just in case you'd like to fix them instead of just trashing. I tried to 'fix' the taste after the only time I tried them. Nothing worked so I had to dump them all.

1 comment:

  1. My experience with swiss chard is, it's pretty good. I have used it in egg white omelettes. Not as good as plain old spinach though.

    ReplyDelete