Monday, December 6, 2010

Two things I love

Sleeping and Eating. In that order. My favorite time of the 24-hours is the 8-hours of sleep time. I have also always liked lunch time. Since childhood I have considered it to be the next best time of day when I usually got to taste the different foods my friends had in their lunch packs.

My system doesn't allow me to overdo either. Thank God for all the restrictions my mom enforced on me. I can't take naps even if I'd like to in the afternoons. The theory my mom had when I was growing up was women can easily put on weight and become lazy. She would ask me to play with my friends if I felt sleepy, or just read or do something else other than sleeping. She had no explanation as to how sleeping might add weight.

The next was eating. I like to eat but my biological clock shuts even if I want to. I should again thank my mom for this. We usually had healthy foods in the house but in spite of that my mom never let me overeat or indulge.

Upto a certain stage I was able to repeat this with my children. Not anymore! But I am glad that they do have healthy eating habits and probably eat less junk food than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment